We’re sooooo tired, so we’re summing the last few days up by naming a couple of facts that struck us.
– Flying from Singapore (30 ˚C) to Melbourne (38 ˚C 2 days ago), apparently inspired the cabin crew to play Sinatra’s ‘Let it snow, let it snow, let it snow’ in the plane. And to put up some naff X-mas decorations.
– In our incredibly luxurious and roomy hotel in Singapore (Orchid Country Club) the only not so luxurious and even narrow thing was… the bed. And wifi cost dearly.
– When you’re 1,5 years old, and your parents let you choose a cuddly proboscis monkey toy in the Singapore Zoo shop, the best place to grab it and never let go is its nose.
– 11 pm is not a good time to visit Changi’s marvellous butterfly garden – as we realised when we saw all the butterflies fast asleep with folded wings when we got there.
– Changi’s got +10 from Matt & Kim for playing areas. Many tears were shed when we dragged them to the gate.
– Don’t go looking for Aldi’s in Melbourne in the Aldi Shop Finder. We passed 3 on our way to the ‘most nearby’ this afternoon.
– The Hague is not the only place where the wind can blow ferociously, we realise as we speak, huddled in Nick & Katrina’s cosy bedroom in Melbourne.
– 10 pm is not a good time for a sleep deprived person to work on their blog. So… goodnight and see you later!